Together with evidence of myocardial ischemia, the detection of a rise and/or fall of cardiac biomarkers plays a key role in the diagnosis of myocardial infarction (MI). Cardiac troponins are markers of myocardial necrosis, and, because of their high cardiac-specificity, have become the preferred biomarker for the diagnosis of MI.
Reliable Answers to Critical Cardiac Questions
As a recognized worldwide leader in CVD testing, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics is the only company offering multiple solutions for high-sensitivity troponin I* testing that meets the current guidelines for MI diagnosis.
- Excellent cardiac specificity
- Greater clinical sensitivity for earlier detection of necrosis and MI
- Solutions for STAT testing - results in as little as 14 minutes
- High-sensitivity cardiac troponin I (TnI)* testing available on central laboratory and point-of-care platforms
- Integrated options so that TnI assays can be run on the same instrument as other STAT chemistry tests
*Defined by the ESC/ACC committee as an imprecision level of ≤10% at the 99th percentile of normal.