Natriuretic Peptides (BNP and NT-proBNP)
Natriuretic peptides (NPs) are markers of hemodynamic stress on the heart, denoting the neurohumoral activation of the myocardium. BNP and NT-proBNP are produced in a 1:1 ratio when the left ventricle is stretched due to hemodynamic pressure. Elevated levels of either of these peptides are associated with heart failure, and both are equally useful as an aid in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure (CHF).
Reliable Answers to Critical Cardiac Questions
As a recognized worldwide leader in CVD testing, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics was the first company to offer a choice in natriuretic peptide testing across multiple instrument platforms.
Siemens offers you the option to choose the natriuretic peptide assay and instrument solution that is right for you and your patients.
- Multiple instrument platform choices for NP testing
- Central laboratory and point-of-care testing options
- Excellent precision (<5% CV for both assays)
- Exceptional sample stability for both assays (BNP 24 hours at room temperature, NT-proBNP 72 hours at room temperature)
- Highly characterized and stable antibodies used for both assays
The products/features (here mentioned) are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens organization for further details.